11.01.2006

 

A Trick Or Treat Question




Did anyone dress up for Halloween as CBS-TeeVee news anchor Katie Couric?

I mean, have you seen her? She doesn’t look human. Look at how smooth her complexion is. She’s around 50 years old; not a wrinkle. Her face is a plastic mask. And her hair. There’s a difference between blonde and yellow.

Of course, CBS couldn’t continue its Evening News with some old fart like Bob Schieffer. Well, he did look human, a few wrinkles, white hair. But TeeVee news – which started out as a public service – is now a business. A good-looking youngish blonde sells more Glade Plug-Ins, even if she looks like an inflatable non-human.

I must admit I haven’t seen Katie doing her bit on the CBS Evening News. I don’t watch any of the evening news programs; they’re all crap. Also, I will agree that I am attacking Katie not on her performance, just on her appearance.

But isn’t that the reason why she was hired?

I mean, besides Katie being “perky.” As you know, Walter Cronkite and Edward R. Murrow are regarded as great journalists because of their perkiness.



Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?